Friday, February 7, 2014

My first week off from chemo

This was my week off from chemotherapy. Last Friday I didn't have to go in for blood work. I wasn't sure what it would be like to skip a week of chemo because this was my first week off. What I found was I was less nauseous, but still feeling pretty exhausted. 
    Nevertheless, I have tried to pack in as much fun stuff as possible. Last weekend, it was a pleasure to watch my daughter and her friends perform in Ramantics, the variety show at Rampart high school.

On Sunday, Steve, my friends and I went and ran the Super half marathon. It was 10 degrees at the start and there was snow on the ground. I ran with  my very good friend while my husband raced and won second in his age group. Running with my friend was exactly what I needed to do right now. 
Debby and I after the race.
Steve and I. 
Steve and his award.

The Broncos got crushed in the Super Bowl that night, which was a bummer, but we enjoyed some amazing food with great friends. 
     On Monday, Steve and I hiked and ran in the snow on Section 16.
The rest of the week has been so cold, with temps near or below zero. The kids had two snow days so we got to spend some quality time together.
      I woke up with a sore throat and cough today. I haven't had a cold in a few years so I hope I can just shake it off. I know my immune system is working over time, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a minor irritation. This afternoon, I had to go back to the cancer center for a blood draw and an appointment with my oncologist. I really like my doctor and the people who work in the cancer center, but I enjoyed having the week off. Cycle two starts on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment